Monday, February 1, 2016

Scratch Built Sci Fi Walls - Finished!

An age ago, I posted about the sci fi walls I'd been building. Well, here they are, finished at last! You may have seen them in the Last Stand game: here's how they work.
All the bits are modular - they fit together to make raised areas like this.
Then they pull down into lots of little bits.
The main advantage is that the walls can then be used to make corridors and rooms, Space Hulk style.
It looks ok in here...
What could possibly go wrong?
The walls have been decorated with a variety of posters, plastic kit bits and lasercut MDF pieces from Miniature Scenery.

10 comments:

  1. No kidding! Those are marevellous! :O I really thought it was a big single piece from the first pic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That puts a smile on my face! I am really happy with their versatility.

      Delete
  2. Fantastic! I will be bookmarking this page for future reference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tim, glad you like them. I look forward to seeing what you come up with when you get to them. Bill.

      Delete
  3. I too thought the center bits were one solid piece, so yopur solution is even more brilliant! I will blatantly copy this I think :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just cunning and crafty by nature! Copy away: I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

      Delete
  4. Could you make a post that details the measurements of ALL your cork board terrain? I would like to exactly recreate what you have done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I'm madly preparing for a games day next weekend, but hopefully after the dust settles from that I can post something up.

      Delete