Friday, April 29, 2016

Reinforcements for Briscon

Super quick post - I've been snapping some shots to put on character cards for my Briscon Pulp Alley games. Here are some of the reinforcements.

Techpriest. He'll be the leader of my Admech league.

Stock GW skitarii. For a while, I've been reading the occasional post on blogs and forums about how GW figures are becoming so fiddly to paint. I've always thought, 'Pfft, man up, they're not that tricky'. That was until I began painting this figure. Armour edging, metal detailing on the rifle. This guy was hard work! 'Pfft', I hear you say!
This cute little guy (no scale shot unfortunately) is from the latest iteration of Space Hulk. Grimdark bomb disposal!
At the other end of the scale, this guy was a brute to paint as well. Detail, and lots of it.
A prepainted D&D collectable miniature, repainted and rebased. Makes a great cyber hound.
Hope to have some photos from Briscon up by the end of the weekend (maybe even tomorrow).

6 comments:

  1. An excellent collection of dangerous clerics. I haven't touched a 40k figure in ages, but there's something very Blanchian about those Admech.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Conrad. They do a good job of embodying the best of the 40k vibe. That's what I like about using them for Pup Alley. I can paint half a dozen of the characterful figures I really like, rather than loads of monotonous grunts!

      Delete
  2. Lovely figs. I do like the look of those Skitarii.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gordon. They are nice: definitely one of GW's better releases. Great fodder for conversions too!

      Delete
  3. Hmm, sweet! I concur, one of the better releases in ages. Nice job there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suber! Yes, they took some work, but I'm happy with the way they turned out.

      Delete