Sunday, December 25, 2016

Peregrine - 50

I'm on holidays at the moment, so I had the chance to get stuck into the Y2K Peregrine: here's the first wip photos.

Because I'm a bit weird, I thought I'd post some progress shots each time I put together fifty parts. Yes it's strange, it's a bit obsessive, but you're talking to someone who just bought a thousand piece kit! So, here it is at fifty. Photos are a little rushed and blurry, sorry.

At the moment, it's a floor with the rear engine compartments and front and back hatches.
Front cargo hatch.
Rear hatch.
You can see how long it is.
A good chunk of the first fifty parts were these little pads for the doors! The'd all be moulded on in a plastic kit, but where's the fun in that?

10 comments:

  1. That should keep you busy for a fortnight :D It really is a lovely looking kit (fortunately for me, way out of my scale or pricerange)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll keep me busy for a good while, I think. And yes, sometimes it's good when a really nice kit comes out in the wrong scale: takes it right out of the list of possibilities!

      Delete
  2. It's such a beauty. Looking forward to seeing how you build this! In the meantime, merry Christmas and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alright I can't take it anymore! I just ordered my own - because I haven't got enough projects to be getting on with...
    So yeah, my wallet and I thank you, Preacher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! I should get a commission: hope you like it! I'm really enjoying the build process, and I'm sure it'll look great on the table.

      Delete
  4. Yeah I'm looking forward to it. Mine will be for display mostly, so I hope to add some extra detail in a few places. I'll try and let you know how it goes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, please do! I'm always interested to see other people doing the same stuff that I'm doing: fascinating to see the different ideas others have. Looking at your blog, where in Queensland are you? I'm on the northside of Brisbane.

      Delete
    2. Just outside of Rockhampton myself, which is just far enough North that I don't make it to Brisbane as much as I'd like. Job makes it hard to get away (although it does pay for this stuff), but I have some friends on the Northside. Sounds like a good place for hobbyists and gamers.

      Delete